THE VALUE OF AAHA ACCREDITATION FOR YOU AND YOUR PET
The AAHA is an international association of more than 42,000 veterinary care providers who treat companion animals. Established in 1933, AAHA is well known among veterinarians and pet owners for its standards for hospitals and pet health care. Approximately 18% of veterinary hospitals in the United States voluntarily participate in the AAHA hospital evaluation program and are accredited. Consultants regularly visit these hospitals to ensure compliance with AAHA’s standards for services and facilities.
AAHA is the only organization that accredits animal hospitals throughout the United States and Canada. AAHA-accredited hospitals are evaluated on 900 standards in the following areas:
- Quality of care
- Diagnostic and pharmacy
- Medical records
Why is it important to you, the pet owner, that Animal Hospital of Statesville has been an AAHA-accredited practice since 2010? Because being an AAHA-accredited practice means the following:
- The standards require hospitals to provide diagnostic services (X-ray and laboratory) so that they can quickly and accurately diagnose your pet.
- The standards focus on the quality of care in the areas of anesthesia, contagious diseases, dentistry, pain
management, patient care, surgery, and
- Accredited hospitals have an onsite pharmacy (another standards area) so they can begin treatment immediately.
- AAHA standards also require that medical records be thorough and complete, which helps our veterinarians better understand your pet’s medical history and how past health issues might be impacting their current medical status.
- The standards developed and published by AAHA are widely accepted as those components of veterinary practice that represent high quality care.
- The standards are periodically reviewed and updated to ensure that they remain consistent with evolving knowledge and technology.
Accreditation helps veterinary hospitals stay on the leading edge of veterinary medicine and provide the quality and
range of services you and your pet deserve. AAHA reminds pet owners that they can help pets live healthier and longer
lives by taking their pets to the veterinarian for annual physical exams, vaccinations, and dental care, as well as
providing pets with fresh water, a balanced diet, and exercise. Animal Hospital of Statesville is
proud to be one of the 18% of animal hospitals to have gone through this rigorous accreditation evaluation.
You can visit www.healthypet.com for information regarding AAHA and what it means for your pet.