The requirements for hip dysplasia and elbow dysplasia radiographs are very specific. While they are often done together, they can be done separately. Therefore, we ask that you adhere to the following if you are requesting hips OR hips AND elbow certification as both require sedation due to the hips, OR elbows alone – (sedation MAY be required):
- Pets must be sedated for hip radiographs being sent for certification. Please let us know if you are requesting certification only for elbows, as sedation MAY or MAY NOT be required.
- We require DHP and Rabies vaccinations to be current, as this is an elective procedure. Please provide the vaccination history no later than one day before the procedure!
- Please email a copy of the official registration form that includes all the information needed below. This will help avoid errors which could require reprocessing or retaking the radiographs. We require the following information, preferably in the form of the dog’s official registration (AKC, CKC or other), to be provided to us at least one day prior to your dog’s appointment:
- FULL registered name, registration number (AKC, CKC or other) registration numbers for Sire and Dam
- Date of birth
- Microchip or tattoo number
- Owner and Co-owner information – name, address, phone number, email.
*IMPORTANT!!!! For accurate results, female dogs getting hip certification should be 1 month (30 days) after weaning puppies, or 30 days before heat cycle has started or 30 days after heat cycle has ended. Heat cycles can affect the elasticity of the hips, which could cause unfavorable results. Dog should be in good physical condition.
*IMPORTANT!!! Dogs getting radiographs for hip certification BEFORE 2 years of age will receive a preliminary certification. Dogs older than 2 years of age will receive a certificate number provided by the OFA. All dogs should be in good physical condition.
OWNER OR CO-OWNER LISTED WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN THE OFA FORM AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION.
There will be a separate charge for submission of the form, payable to OFA. Payment by credit card is preferred and will be required at the time of signature. Checks are acceptable, but processing can take longer.