International Travel Information

International Travel and Health Certificates

We no longer "do" health certificates for international travel. There are too many variables. While Hawaii is part of the United States, they have special requirements that are more intricate than the other 49 states and territories, so for all intents and purposes, we are considering the state of Hawaii to be international travel. We recommend Starwood Pet Travel, 239-344-8959. Here is their link: They know all the ins and outs of international travel and will take care of everything your pet needs to travel internationally!  We will, however, perform examinations, as ordered by Starwood in order for you to travel. You are  welcome to research pet travel agencies and choose one that you prefer. 

If you decide to "do it yourself", know that traveling to other countries with your pet requires prior planning! Some countries have strict regulations that can require a year, sometimes two, to accomplish. Others require a few weeks or months. It is YOUR responsibility to do the research it takes to get everything your pet needs to travel. Do your research well ahead of your departure date, or you may need to delay your travel in order for your pet to accompany you. Every country will have different requirements, such as forms, vaccines, testing or parasite preventions to enter. Some countries require a USDA veterinarian’s signature on the health certificate form, which requires the OWNER to overnight the documents to and from the USDA before you are allowed to leave the US with your pet.

Contact the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Animal and Plants Inspection Service to find out requirements for travel to a specific country. E-mail address: [email protected]. Customer Service Call Center: 1-844-820-2234. Another great resource for travel regulations and information is found here: AVMA

We cannot say it enough!!!!!! DO YOUR RESEARCH and DO NOT WAIT until the last minute to find out what your pet needs to travel. It may delay your travel and cost you additional money in cancellation fees! THERE IS NO WAY TO SPEED UP THIS PROCESS without contacting the government agency of the destination country, and granting your request would be at their discretion. Don’t put your travel plans at risk!