Since 1974, the veterinarians and support staff at Animal Hospital of Statesville have sought to achieve the highest standards of veterinary medicine. We feel that cats are part of the family, yours and ours. Our clients' response to the care we provide is the strongest testament to the quality of care we provide for their cats.
You can find our recent client feedback here.
Animal Hospital of Statesville offers preventative health care as well as advanced diagnostic and surgical services. Our commitment to quality service has led our cat care clinic to become well known and respected throughout the veterinary industry. Since 1974, our veterinarians have been accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association.
We Support Every Stage Of Your Cat's Life
As your feline friend grows, he or she will move through six distinct stages of life:
- Kitten: 0—6 months
- Junior: 7 months—2 years
- Prime: 3—6 years
- Mature: 7—10 years
- Senior: 11—14 years
- Geriatric: 15+ years
Naturally, as a cat grows and progresses through life, he or she will undergo physiological changes and face a variety of life events that will require care and attention. From kitten care to geriatric cat medicine, consistent preventive care can make all the difference in the quality of life of your cat. Ultimately, your cat's health will impact your relationship with him or her.
Cats are very good at hiding illness. In fact, most cats will simply become less active and less interactive when very ill. Any signs of illness that a cat may show will be very subtle. Therefore, any change in their behavior should warrant a consideration that they may be ill. Many clients will return from work to find that their cat simply does not greet them at the door as usual. This may be an indication that your cat is ill. Because the signs of cat illness are so subtle, if you should notice any obvious changes in behavior please call our office.
A Cat-Centric Hospital
Because the medical needs of cats are unique, our cat hospital utilizes specialized equipment, training, and facilities specific to felines. We have a dedicated feline-only examination room and we minimize stress by utilizing feline pheromones and soft cozy surfaces which will allow your cat to feel safe and secure. Our staff is trained to allow cats to move at their own pace which allows them to feel less stress during their visit to our hospital. Cats have special needs when it comes to exploring new environments. We understand the needs of cats and how to keep their stress to a minimum. While we cannot make all cats feel completely at home, we can help all cats to feel safe and comfortable during their visit to Animal Hospital of Statesville.
Being a cat-centric hospital means our veterinary practice specializes in meeting the diverse array of feline needs, including:
- Understanding the unique needs of cats, thereby making veterinary visits more cat-friendly
- Understanding how to approach and handle cats in a gentle, empathetic and caring manner
- Having an appropriate standard of equipment needed to diagnose and treat feline patients
- Meeting the standards for the facilities and care of hospitalized cats
Cat Health Services and Treatments
At Animal Hospital of Statesville we specialize in the following cat health services for cats of all ages, breeds, and circumstances:
- Allergy Testing: Cats commonly face a number of allergens that can cause a wide variety of symptoms, allergy testing can help us to identify and properly treat the root cause of some issues
- Anesthesia: We have the facilities, equipment, medicine, and knowledge to ensure your cat stays safe while under anesthesia
- Bathing and Hygiene: Proper feline hygiene is an important component of a healthy happy lifestyle
- Behavior Services: Your cat's behavior is not genetically inherent, but can be learned and unlearned with your commitment and our help
- Boarding: If you are going on a trip and want to make sure that your cat is well taken care of, our staff can ensure high-quality affordable care
- Declawing: With a focus on education and compassionate cat care, we can help you decide whether declawing is the right option or whether you should consider alternatives
- Dental Care: Our knowledge and dental experience can help prevent and treat your cat's dental conditions, including periodontal disease
- Dermatology: While, diagnosing skin conditions early is highly beneficial in treatment if a skin condition has already developed, it must be addressed before it worsens
- Deworming: Intestinal parasites are a danger to both your pet and your family, so let us ensure that your cat is protected from worms
- Diagnostic Imaging: Diagnostic imaging allows our veterinarians and technicians to accurately diagnose your cat's condition so that the proper treatment can be prescribed
- Echocardiograms: Heart disease is common in our pets and is often treated with medication similar to that used in human medicine. Echo helps us determine which specific medications are needed and when, in order to be of help to our pets.
- Emergency Care: We specialize in comprehensive emergency care, and our facilities are designed to address any veterinary emergency your cat may have
- Eye Care: Our doctors are trained to recognize feline specific eye disease and choose treatments based upon efficacy and your cat's tolerance to specific treatments
- Flea & Tick: We employ safe and effective flea & tick treatments for your cat's health and happiness
- Heartworm Prevention: We specialize in heartworm education prevention, diagnosis, and treatment for your cat
- Kitten Care: We help you learn to care for your kitten through education and nutritional awareness while providing the proper preventive medical treatments
- Laboratory: Our laboratory testing services mean faster and more accurate diagnostics and treatments for your cat
- Laser Therapy: Our cold laser therapy is a tool used to treat cats for post-operative pain, arthritis, and other inflammatory conditions. It is painless and well tolerated by all cats
- Medications: When your cat requires medication our doctors will provide the right prescription
- Microchip ID: Microchipping is the best way to aid in having your cat returned safely should he or she become lost
- Nutrition: We will address the specialized nutritional requirements for your cat in different life stages and to aid in the management of certain illnesses
- Pain Management: We specialize in effective and compassionate pain management for your cat regardless of age, ability or condition
- Preventive Care: Our comprehensive preventive care program is the first step to ensuring that your cat has a long healthy life
- Semi-Annual Wellness Exams: A cornerstone of preventive care, semi-annual wellness exams help prolong life by allowing health issues to be identified and addressed early
- Senior Care: We understand the special needs of aging cats, and we will partner with you to provide the optimal plan for your aging feline
- Spay or Neuter: We provide a safe and painless surgical experience for your cat
- Surgery: Our facilities, equipment, and staff offer your cat the best option for a successful surgery and recovery
- Vaccinations: Our veterinarians will recommend an individualized and personalized vaccination protocol based on your cat's needs
Schedule A Veterinary Appointment For Your Cat Today
Our success as a cat hospital is a reflection of the health and happiness of our patients and their owners. From preventive medicine to comprehensive illness and disease intervention, our staff will ensure that your next visit to our cat hospital will resonate with care, respect, transparency, and compassion.